Publications (^co-first author; * corresponding author)
9. Laser-Induced Graphene from Metal-Containing Wood. Submitted.
Xiao Han, Ruquan Ye, Yieu Chyan, Tuo Wang, Chenhao Zhang, Luolin Shi, Tong Zhang, Yan Zhao, James M Tour*
8. Laser-induced graphene. From discovery to translation. Advanced Materials, Accepted.
Ruquan Ye,* Dustin K. James, James M Tour*
7. Inductive and electrostatic effects on immobilized cobalt porphyrins for electrocatalytic CO2 reduction. Submitted.
Minghui Zhu^, Ruquan Ye^, Deng-Tao Yang^, Joy Zeng, Karthish Manthiram*
Ruquan Ye, Dustin K. James, James M Tour*
25. Elucidating reactivity and mechanism of CO
Minghui Zhu^, Ruquan Ye^, Kyoungsuk Jin, Nikifar Lazouski, Karthish Manthiram*electroreduction at highly dispersed cobalt phthalocyanine. ACS Energy Letters, 3, 1381-1386.
Ruquan Ye, Juncai Dong, Luqing Wang, Rubén Mendoza-Cruz, Yilun Li, Peng-Fei An, Miguel José Yacamán, Boris I Yakobson, Dongliang Chen, James M Tour*
3. Laser-induced graphene by multiple lasing: toward electronics on cloth, paper, and food. ACS Nano, 12, 2176-2183.
Yieu Chyan^, Ruquan Ye^, Yilun Li, Swatantra P Singh, Christopher J Arnusch, Jame M Tour*
2. Laser-induced conversion of Teflon into fluorinated nanodiamonds or fluorinated graphene. ACS Nano, 12, 1083-1088.
Ruquan Ye^, Xiao Han^, Dmitry V Kosynkin, Yilun Li, Chenhao Zhang, Bo Jiang, Angel A Marti, James M Tour*
1. Surface‐modified porous carbon nitride composites as highly efficient electrocatalyst for Zn‐air batteries. Advanced Energy Materials, 8, 1701642.
Wenhan Niu, Zhao Li, Kyle Marcus, Le Zhou, Yilun Li, Ruquan Ye, Kun Liang, Yang Yang*
4. Laser‐Induced Graphene Formation on Wood. Advanced Materials, 29.
Ruquan Ye, Yieu Chyan, Jibo Zhang, Yilun Li, Xiao Han, Carter Kittrell, James M Tour*
3. Strained W(SexS1–x)2 Nanoporous Films for Highly Efficient Hydrogen Evolution. ACS Energy Letters, 2, 1315-1320.
Kun Liang, Yong Yan, Limin Guo, Kyle Marcus, Zhao Li, Le Zhou, Yilun Li, Ruquan Ye, Nina Orlovskaya, Yong-Ho Sohn, Yang Yang*
Ruquan Ye, Yuanyue Liu, Zhiwei Peng, Tuo Wang, Almaz S Jalilov, Boris I Yakobson,* Su-Huai Wei,* James M Tour*High performance electrocatalytic reaction of hydrogen and oxygen on ruthenium nanoclusters. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9, 3785-3791.
1. Non-conventional fluorescent biogenic and synthetic polymers without aromatic rings. Polymer Chemistry, 8, 1722-1727.
Ruquan Ye, Yuanyue Liu, Haoke Zhang, Huifang Su, Yilin Zhang, Liguo Xu, Rongrong Hu, Ryan TK Kwok, Kam Sing Wong, Jacky WY Lam, William A Goddard, Ben Zhong Tang*
5. Carbon‐based composite as an efficient and stable metal‐free electrocatalyst. Advanced Functional Materials, 26, 3621-3629.
Xiujun Fan, Zhiwei Peng, Juanjuan Wang, Ruquan Ye, Haiqing Zhou, Xia Guo*
4. The synthesis of size-controlled 3C-SiC nanoflakes and their photoluminescent properties. Nanotechnology, 27, 255604.
Xiujun Fan, Ruquan Ye, Zhiwei Peng, Juanjuan Wang, Ailing Fan, Xia Guo*
3. Microwave heating of functionalized graphene nanoribbons in thermoset polymers for wellbore reinforcement. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8, 12985-12991.
Nam Dong Kim, Andrew Metzger, Vahid Hejazi, Yilun Li, Anton Kovalchuk, Seoung-Ki Lee, Ruquan Ye, Jason A Mann, Carter Kittrell, Rouzbeh Shahsavari, James M Tour*
2. High‐performance hydrogen evolution from MoS2(1–x)Px Solid Solution. Advanced Materials, 28, 1427-1432.
Ruquan Ye, Paz del Angel‐Vicente, Yuanyue Liu, M Josefina Arellano‐Jimenez, Zhiwei Peng, Tuo Wang, Yilun Li, Boris I Yakobson, Su‐Huai Wei, Miguel Jose Yacaman, James M Tour*
1. High‐Performance Pseudocapacitive Microsupercapacitors from Laser‐Induced Graphene. Advanced Materials, 28, 838-845.
Lei Li, Jibo Zhang, Zhiwei Peng, Yilun Li, Caitian Gao, Yongsung Ji, Ruquan Ye, Nam Dong Kim, Qifeng Zhong, Yang Yang, Huilong Fei, Gedeng Ruan, James M Tour*
8. Intrinsic and extrinsic defects in a family of coal-derived graphene quantum dots. Applied Physics Letters, 107, 212402.
Srinivasa Rao Singamaneni, Johan van Tol, Ruquan Ye, James M Tour*
Ziwei Li, Ruquan Ye, Rui Feng, Yimin Kang, Xing Zhu, James M Tour,* Zheyu Fang*
6. In situ formation of metal oxide nanocrystals embedded in laser-induced graphene. ACS Nano, 9, 9244-9251.
Ruquan Ye, Zhiwei Peng, Tuo Wang, Yunong Xu, Jibo Zhang, Yilun Li, Lizanne G Nilewski, Jian Lin, James M Tour*
5. M3C (M: Fe, Co, Ni) nanocrystals encased in graphene nanoribbons: an active and stable bifunctional electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction and hydrogen evolution reactions. ACS Nano, 9, 7407-7418.
Xiujun Fan, Zhiwei Peng, Ruquan Ye, Haiqing Zhou, Xia Guo*
Zhiwei Peng, Ruquan Ye, Jason A Mann, Dante Zakhidov, Yilun Li, Preston R Smalley, Jian Lin, James M Tour*
3. Boron/nitrogen co-doped helically unzipped multiwalled carbon nanotubes efficient electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7, 7786-7794.as
Alireza Zehtab Yazdi, Huilong Fei, Ruquan Ye, Gunuk Wang, James Tour,* Uttandaraman Sundararaj*
2. Bandgap engineering of coal-derived graphene quantum dots. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7, 7041-7048.
Ruquan Ye, Zhiwei Peng, Andrew Metzger, Jian Lin, Jason A Mann, Kewei Huang, Changsheng Xiang, Xiujun Fan, Errol LG Samuel, Lawrence B Alemany, Angel A Martí, James M Tour*
1. Flexible and stackable laser-induced graphene supercapacitors. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7, 3414-3419, 2015.
Zhiwei Peng, Jian Lin, Ruquan Ye, Errol LG Samuel, James M Tour*
2. Laser-induced porous graphene films from commercial polymers. Nature Communications, 5, 5714, 2014.
Ruquan Ye, Changsheng Xiang, Jian Lin, Zhiwei Peng, Kewei Huang, Zheng Yan, Nathan P. Cook, Errol L.G. Samuel, Chih-Chau Hwang, Gedeng Ruan, Gabriel Ceriotti, Abdul-Rahman O. Raji, Angel A. Martí, James M. Tour*